By Satya Komatineni, Dave MacLean
Android Fragments is a 100-page fast begin speeded up consultant to studying and speedy utilizing Android fragments. You'll the best way to code for fragments; care for config alterations; code for normal vs. fragmented dialogs; paintings with personal tastes and saving country; paintings with the compatibility library; and deal with complicated async initiatives and development dialogs.
After analyzing and utilizing this e-book, that's in response to fabric from the best-selling professional Android, you'll be an Android UI savant. not less than, your apps' consumer interfaces and occasion dealing with should be extra aggressive and higher acting, specially for tablet-optimized UIs and occasions.
Read or Download Android Fragments PDF
Similar programming books
With the LWP (Library for WWW in Perl) suite of modules, your courses can obtain and extract details from the net. Written via a contributor to LWP, and with a foreword by means of considered one of LWP's creators, Perl & LWP is the authoritative advisor to utilizing this robust and well known toolkit. You'll tips on how to navigate the net with LWP, fetching websites, filing varieties, coping with cookies, and getting access to authenticated websites.
Many books speak about Agile from a theoretical or educational viewpoint. turning into Agile takes a unique technique and makes a speciality of explaining Agile from a case-study viewpoint. Agile rules are mentioned, defined, after which established within the context of a case research that flows during the publication.
PDF book ISBN: 9781449359119
tips on how to software by way of diving into the R language, after which use your newfound talents to unravel useful information technological know-how difficulties. With this booklet, you'll methods to load info, gather and disassemble info gadgets, navigate R's setting approach, write your personal capabilities, and use all of R's programming tools.
RStudio grasp teacher Garrett Grolemund not just teaches you the way to software, but additionally indicates you ways to get extra from R than simply visualizing and modeling facts. You'll achieve worthy programming talents and aid your paintings as a knowledge scientist on the similar time.
paintings hands-on with 3 sensible facts research tasks in line with on line casino video games
shop, retrieve, and alter facts values on your computer's reminiscence
Write courses and simulations that outperform these written via commonplace R clients
Use R programming instruments corresponding to if else statements, for loops, and S3 periods
how you can write lightning-fast vectorized R code
reap the benefits of R's package deal approach and debugging instruments
perform and follow R programming options as you study them
* the most topics during this publication relate to software program improvement utilizing state-of-the-art applied sciences for real-world business automation functions * A hands-on method of making use of a large choice of rising applied sciences to fashionable business perform difficulties * Explains key suggestions via transparent examples, starting from uncomplicated to extra complicated challenge domain names, and all in accordance with real-world commercial difficulties * an invaluable reference e-book for training engineers in addition to an up to date source e-book for researchers
- Object-Oriented Programming for Graphics
- Beginning iOS 5 Application Development
- History of Programming Languages, Volume III
- Creating Mashups with Adobe Flex and AIR (Friends of Ed Abobe Learning Library)
- Scientific Engineering of Distributed Java Applications: Third International Workshop, FIDJI 2003, Luxembourg-Kirchberg, Luxembourg, November 27-28, 2003. Revised Papers
- Dynamic Programming and its Applications. Proceedings of the International Conference on Dynamic Programming and its Applications, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, April 14–16, 1977
Additional info for Android Fragments
This would indicate that your fragment is being re-created, most likely due to a configuration change, and it’s possible that the user has already typed some text. If so, you need to populate the EditText with what the user has done so far. Remember that because your configuration has changed, the actual view object in memory 56 CHAPTER 3: Working with Dialogs is not the same as before, so you must locate it and set the text accordingly.
Commit(); With these few lines, you’ve created a new CalledFragment object, set the target fragment on the called fragment to the current fragment, and added the called fragment to the fragment manager and activity using a fragment transaction. When the called fragment starts to run, it will be able to call getTargetFragment(), which will return a reference to the calling fragment. With this reference, the called fragment could invoke methods on the calling fragment or even access view components directly.
The added bonus is that during the normal configuration change process, the non-UI fragment callbacks onDetach() and onAttach() will switch the activity reference from the old to the new. Deprecated Configuration Change Methods A couple of methods on Activity have been deprecated, so you should no longer use them: getLastNonConfigurationInstance() onRetainNonConfigurationInstance() These methods previously allowed you to save an arbitrary object from an activity that was being destroyed, to be passed to the next instance of the activity that was being created.
Android Fragments by Satya Komatineni, Dave MacLean