By Kon-Well Wang, Jiong Tang
Adaptive Structural structures with Piezoelectric Transducer Circuitry presents a entire dialogue at the integration of piezoelectric transducers with electric circuitry for the advance and enhancement of adaptive structural structures. protecting a variety of interdisciplinary learn, this monograph provides a paradigm of taking complete benefit of the two-way electro-mechanical coupling features of piezoelectric transducers for structural keep an eye on and id in adaptive structural platforms. offering descriptions of set of rules improvement, theoretical research and experimental research, engineers and researchers alike will locate this a beneficial reference.
Read Online or Download Adaptive Structural Systems with Piezoelectric Transducer Circuitry PDF
Best structural books
The necessity for a entire publication on probabilistic structural mechanics that brings jointly the various analytical and computational equipment constructed through the years and their functions in a large spectrum of industries-from residential structures to nuclear strength crops, from bridges to strain vessels, from metal constructions to ceramic structures-became obtrusive from the various discussions the editor had with working towards engineers, researchers and professors.
Underground amenities, corresponding to tunnels, sewer, water and fuel networks shape the spine of the industrial lifetime of the trendy urban. In densely populated components the place the calls for for transportation and prone are swiftly expanding and the development of latest roads and railways are prohibited, the development of a tunnel may be the single substitute.
I believe the publication rather fills a protracted status hole during this box, when you consider that nonlinear research (especially geometric nonlinear research) is often taken care of a little ambiguously via different authors. The ebook is intensely transparent and constant in its demeanour of rationalization. notwithstanding, at a few locations, the writer has used over the top mathematical derivations which can now not give a contribution a lot to realizing.
- Nonlinear Modeling and Applications, Volume 2: Proceedings of the 28th IMAC, A Conference on Structural Dynamics, 2010
- Code of Practice for the Structural use of Steel
- Structural Molecular Biology: Methods and Applications
- Inclusive States: Social Policy and Structural Inequalities (New Frontiers of Social Policy Series)
- Engineering Geology, Second Edition
- Solidarity: A Structural Principle of International Law
Additional info for Adaptive Structural Systems with Piezoelectric Transducer Circuitry
Schematic of a cantilevered beam with separated active and passive elements.
1) [δ T − δ U b − δ U p + δ Wv ]dt = 0 where T , U b , U p and δ Wv are, respectively, the kinetic energy of the integrated system, the potential energy of the beam, the elastic and electrical energy of the piezoelectric transducer, and the virtual work term. Recalling Eq. 4) Here ΔH = H ( x − xl ) − H ( x − xr ) and H ( x) is the Heaviside step function. All relevant notations are listed in the Nomenclature. 5) In virtue of the linear constitutive relation Eq. 9) 0 Substitution of the above expressions into Eq.
While the tuning method presented in Chapter 2 can minimize the maximum of frequency response for a passive system, such selection of the circuitry elements might not necessarily be good choice for an active-passive hybrid system. From the driving voltage (control input) standpoint, the circuitry inductance value determines the electrical resonant frequency around which the active control authority is amplified, and, although appropriate resistance is necessary to achieve broadband passive damping, resistance in general reduces the voltage amplification effect.
Adaptive Structural Systems with Piezoelectric Transducer Circuitry by Kon-Well Wang, Jiong Tang